Saturday, June 26, 2010

First couch


Chris and I bought our first couch after almost 11 years of being married. After we got our travertine floors done, new carpet, and painted, our house felt too new and nice to bring something so old and holey into it. I was fine with waiting till next years tax returns to get a couch and leave the room empty. Its not like I ever have a moment to sit down anyway and besides we had already been with out furniture for 3 months what was another 9.
Then my mom saw a sectional for a reasonable price so we went and checked it out. We liked it but weren't crazy about it and were still content to wait as we had just spent so much money on remodeling. However my family reminded us that Chris's Aunt Becky and Uncle Mike were coming to watch our kids for a week while we went on our adults trip with my family to Oregon, where did we expect them to sit. So I thought we could just bring the old ones in and drag them out after they left.
However, a couple days later the garage smelt terrible. I was sure there was a dead animal somewhere. I figured it had to be a mouse since I had seen some droppings. I couldn't find it any where so I searched the rolled up carpet and pad nothing, then I moved to the couch more droppings (yuck- not bringing it into my house any more) but couldn't find the hairy critter anywhere. So finally I pulled the couch out of the garage in hopes of getting rid of the smell. Unfortunately that night the smell was still there. Chris and I did another search still nothing so we started worrying about gas leaks and did some research on the Internet. We decided to open the garage and let it air out some more. Luckily the smell went away, I was sure the mouse entered one of the many big holes in our cushions and couldn't find its way out. Definitely not bringing it in now. Which brings us to our purchase of our durablend sectional that cost $9__.__ with tax and delivery and the removing of our old invested couch. The kids where so excited to take there nap Sunday the 27th after church on the new couch and dad was diappointed to come home from tithing to see the kids has taken the spot he wanted to come home to.
The funny thing is the smell returned no dead mouse in our garage it was just the smell of the kids razor scooter and motorcycle charging.

No comments: