If any of you thought for some strange reason Saige wasn't getting enough attention you can put your thoughts to rest. Saige has had quite the eventful week. Shall we begin with Monday at her well child check up? Everything looked great until they started to look at her back and compare the height of her hips. They were concerned enought that we ended up taking her to PCMC to have some x-rays done and sure enough our Little Girl has scoliosis. However it doesn't end there. As if that wasn't enough, Tuesday we had a little date to Costco, like all of us we had to try all the samples.
Just as we were getting ready to check out we sampled the cashews and boy did Saige's tongue get ever so itchy. She then started to complain that it was getting harder to breath. On our way to the hospital I started to get worried as she continued to complain that it was getting worse - and as if that isn't stressful enough - my windshield wipers kept getting stuck. It continued to worsen, and I didn't know how long I had till her throat would close off completely so I decided I would take her to the fire station on Draper Parkway. They transported her by ambulence to Altaview Hospital with the fire truck following close behind. Saige was lovin' the attention from the 2 paramedics whom she thought were quite funny.
Long story short, Saige ended up being just fine, but a later visit to the allergy doctor proved that Saige is severly allergic to Cashews, Postachio's, and a few other nuts; along with Cats, Dogs, and Horses. Saige is taking it in stride and has been very careful with what she eats.
Just as we were getting ready to check out we sampled the cashews and boy did Saige's tongue get ever so itchy. She then started to complain that it was getting harder to breath. On our way to the hospital I started to get worried as she continued to complain that it was getting worse - and as if that isn't stressful enough - my windshield wipers kept getting stuck. It continued to worsen, and I didn't know how long I had till her throat would close off completely so I decided I would take her to the fire station on Draper Parkway. They transported her by ambulence to Altaview Hospital with the fire truck following close behind. Saige was lovin' the attention from the 2 paramedics whom she thought were quite funny.
Long story short, Saige ended up being just fine, but a later visit to the allergy doctor proved that Saige is severly allergic to Cashews, Postachio's, and a few other nuts; along with Cats, Dogs, and Horses. Saige is taking it in stride and has been very careful with what she eats.
She was trying to be so brave and not cry even though she was scared of the needle then the phlebotomist said, "oh, she's going to cry" and of course she did."It wasn't too bad. It just hurt when they stuck the needle in and then it didn't hurt after that."
No comments:
Post a Comment