As many of you know Ayden was supposed to have his Fontan today. Unfortunately he came down with a 24 hour stomach flu on Sunday which made us assume surgery was off. When I called the hospital Monday to inform them Ayden had been sick they told me to take him to the pediatrician to get his opinion on if he was well enough for surgey since he was doing better. After Dr. Witt checked him out he called the nurse practioner to get more info on his surgery. We were both a bit surprised when he heard they were planning on doing the AV Fistula and not the Fontan. The nurse practioner said to head to the hospital to get the paper work started while she checked with the cardiologist and surgeon to see what procedure they were really planning on doing. When I got to the hospital to get the paperwork started the papers said the Fontan so I had them page the nurse practioner to see if she had talked with the Doctors. To make a long story shorter we decided to postpone surgery since Ayden had been sick and there had been a discussion the Wednesday prior of possibly doing the AV Fistula to get him the oxygen he needed now and to buy him more time until he was bigger for the Fontan.
As crazy and confusing as this all seems I know the Lord hears and answers our prayers. It may not be in the way we intend or want,but he is mindful of us and our situation. He has a plan and a purpose for us each one of us and I know it was not his will for Ayden to go in for surgery today.
5 comments:
All of you (especially Ayden) are amazing. Our prayers are continually with him and with each of you.
It is so amazing how faithful and strong all of you are. What a journey you are on. Our prayers are always with your cute family. Suraj tells me the story over and over again about how your kids helped him not feel so sad when I would not call him back (hmm) by running over when he was in the yard saying Hi Suraj. It is so cute. You guys are an inspiration. Let us know if we can do anything you know we live so far away. lol.
It is a blessing, I'm sure. The Lord watches out for you guys! That story from his Cardiac MRI where he said to cut his tummy open almost made me cry! What a sweet and special boy! p.s. Ben had fun talking to Chris the other day!
Jill - Please know that when the time comes for surgery (and ANY other time) I am here to help in ANY way. I can watch kids, pick them up from school or anything! I know your family will want to be at the hospital a lot with you & Chris, so remember me if you need to.
Love you!
Holy Cow you guys have been busy. Disney Land looked like a blast, and I bet Ayden loved that helicopter. We will be praying for all to go well with Ayden's surgery, he is such a special boy!
Post a Comment