Yesterday the kids and I enjoyed multiple bike rides as the weather was so nice. Isn't it funny how we think 55 degrees is so nice coming out of winter. Ayden even rode his two wheel bike with training wheels.
Last year it just took too much out of him but since having his surgery we are seeing improvements, that being one of them. In fact it was a fight to have him sit in the bike trailer with Addison so we could pick up the pace. It is so nice to see him keeping up with the kids again although it will never be like it was until he has the Fontan.
Last year the kids loved riding there bike to the Thanksgiving Point Gardens and so they wanted to do it again, but since it was getting late and cooling down I talked them into riding to the farm instead.
Saige and Kelton rode there bikes with me while I pulled the younger two in the trailer t0 Thanksgiving Point. Kelton is a little speedster on his bike and nothing seem to phase him. Saige on the other hand gets tired, but she never gives up and keeps going. As the wind was blowing against her on the way home, she was starting to get cold and tired, but she kept pedaling saying to her self, "I can do it". How easy it would have been for her to just stop and say I can't do it any more, but instead kept a positive attitude and she proved to herself that she could do it. She is such a good example to me.
2 comments:
I'm so glad you guys were able to get out and enjoy the "warmer" weather we've been having. My how quickly things change as it's snowing right now! It'll be fun to see everyone in the neighborhood come spring and summer. Oh, and what's your e-mail address? I wanted to send you an invite to read our newly created blog.
Hahaha. Thought you might like to know where to send your e-mail address. You can e-mail me at mrcyann@hotmail.com. :)
Post a Comment