Sunday, May 3, 2009

Brave Heart

Today I got back from the airport and Ayden wanted me to push him in the swing.  It was great to stand and just talk with him as I pushed him back and forth.  It was one of those moments that I wished I could freeze in my mind forever.  Somehow we got on the conversation of his heart and he wanted to know why it was so important.  I showed him the veins in his hands and arms, and we talked "man to man."  

We talked about how he had been so brave, and then he surprised me by saying, "I don't need any cuts anymore."  However, we talked about how he would still need a few, but he said he was scared because they would hurt.  We talked about how things never hurt forever, and he agreed, "If they don't hurt forever, I guess I can get more cuts."  

We have a brave little boy who has been through more in his first 4 years of life than I likely ever will.  I will always remember our little talks, especially when he shows more "guts" and faith than I think possible for a child.  

2 comments:

Kent said...

Ayden really is an amazing little guy who we can all learn so much from.

kristin said...

I love Ayden! he is a brave little guy, and everyone loves him so much!