Monday, May 11, 2009

Lady Bugs

While we were at the nursery buying plants for our garden we noticed they had lady bugs for sale.  I've always heard they were good for your plants because they eat all the bad bugs, and the people at the nursery recommended them; so we decided to give them a try.  After purchasing our 2,000 lady bugs I remembered our plants were all healthy and bug free, what would they eat?  We kept the lady bugs knowing the kids would have fun letting them free.  For this, they were definitely worth the $6.00 we paid for them.  When I cut open the bag, we instantly had lady bugs everywhere!  They were in the kids hair, on their clothes, and flying all over the place.  Unfortunately, this also meant that as the kids ran around, some of the lady bugs had short life-spans...  However, the kids had a blast!

No comments: