Anything to get my spinning in circles fix.
It all started with Ayden emptying Addison's toy box and making piles throughout the house. They would go from Addison's room to Ayden's room to Mommy's bathroom and then down the stairs.
This time he thought he'd give Addison some toys to play with after waking her up and got a little carried away and decided to jump in and join the fun.
Weight lifting
It may not appear that Ayden has started to slow down but trust me he has and he hasn't quite figured out how to make the best choices with all his free time. I've been a bit worried about his activity level this past month or two, so I finally took him to his pediatrician since I couldn't get him into the cardiologist any sooner. Thanks to Dr. Witt we got VIP treatment and were seen the following week. I guess I should have done that 6 weeks ago.
He went in today for clinic and to have an echo cardiogram done. This was his first time not having to be sedated for the echo and he did great. I think he found it a bit relaxing to lay still and watch Blue's Clues. During clinic they probably thought I was overly concerned as he was jumping off the table and chairs, doing cannon balls and chasing his bouncy balls. It wasn't until they had Ayden climb the stairs that they realized what I was talking about. After 2 flights he turned to me and asked for help. They took his sats and sure enough he was at 57%. His little body just isn't getting the oxygen he needs, which means he has out grown his Glenn and his body is telling us it is time to move forward with the Fontan.
They will be scheduling an MRI in the next week or two and would like to do surgery in mid October when we get back from Disneyland. It breaks my heart to know what he will be going through in the next little while, but I know he is a strong boy and that this is in the Lord's hands. In John 9:3 it reads, "neither hath this man sinned nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him." Ayden has had the opportunity to bless countless lives this past 3 1/2 years and will continue to be an instrument in the hands of the Lord as he continues to touch the lives of many. Ayden you are an amazing little boy and you have been such an example to me. I love you and wish you the best!
7 comments:
I want you to know Mckinlee had to watch that video like 10 times! Next time you need to make it a little longer so i don't have to keep pushing play for her. :)
It makes me so sad that Ayden will be going in for his next surgery so soon. He's in our prayers.
Ayden has grown into such a cute boy. Your children are all so beautiful. Addy goes into the cardiologist this month and I get sick thinking about it even though I know it is needed. You are such a great example to me with your strength and testimony. Your family and Ayden will be in our prayers.
Ayden is so adorable. I will be praying for him. Hopefully I will see you at PCMC, when is his Fontan? Is Dr. Hawkins doing it?
We love you Ayden! Seriously Jill if you need anything we will be here for you and your family. You guys are in our prayers
Ayden is hilarious and so stinkin' cute & naughty. Golly I didn't know how naughty he was. He hides it well.
I just cry when I think of all he has to go through soon (and has gone through), but like you said he is strong.
Good luck to him & you guys.
Please call me I am close and can do ANYTHING you need!! WHENEVER!
Those pictures are hilarious! We're so glad Ayden and Evan are good pals. We sure enjoy his hellos and sweet smiles. We hope everything goes well with the procedure and we'll keep your family in our prayers. Hey, I think we'll be in Disneyland at the same time. Are you guys going over UEA?
Ayden is such a special little boy! We will keep your family in our prayers!! It was so fun to see you last week! Good luck with everything & let us know if you are close to Irvine! We're pretty close to Disneyland!! Love, Mindy & Tyler :)
Post a Comment