Wednesday, September 1, 2010

First Day of Kindergartin


This is how Ayden wanted to pose with me for pictures

I think he will be awarded shortest in the class
jumping from the bus
Getting ready to hop on the bus for the very first time
Ayden with his sub Mrs. Peck

My kids are growing up sooooo fast. I can't believe I sent my little Ayden, and I mean little to Kindergarten today. He was so excited, I had to chase him out the door a time or two since it wasn't quite time to go. The morning was a bit crazy since we all slept in and we had to leave the house by 7:40 to get Saige and Kelton to school. In the midst of all the choas Chris gave Ayden his first day of school blessing without me. I was devastated I couldn't believe he would do that without me, especially since I am the one who usually initiates the blessings. Despite the hurt feelings it was a fun day and a day full of gratitude to the Lord for allowing Ayden to be apart of our lives. Five years ago I didn't know if I would ever have this opportunity with him so I am truly grateful for each day I am blessed to have the ones I love apart of my life. It was fun to see how excited he was to go to the big kid school, and to see him walk through his class room door with no reserve.
Addison loved having me to herself and not having Ayden tease her constantly. I have to admit it was a pleasant morning with just me and the two girls. I may have my expectations a little high when thinking that I'll be able to get lots accomplished with just the 2 at home. It amazes me how quickly I can forget that I'm dealing with my demanding little Addison. She expected me to play with her every second. She reminded me of what matters most and I enjoyed the full 3 hours with her, but I think we will have to do some compromising.
I realized Ayden never did answer my me when I asked him if he wanted me to pick him up or if he wanted to take the bus home from school so I figured I better play it safe and meet him at school. It was fun to see him walk out from school with a big smile on his face. It was the perfect opportunity to get him used to the bus and he was excited so I helped him on and met him at the bus stop by our house. Like Saige and Kelton he had fun jumping down from the bus. He had a good day and is excited to go again.

1 comment:

Jan said...

Soooo cute! Ayden has gotten so big! We have been thinking about you, especially with college football season in full swing. Loved Chris' anniversary post too. Happy 11th!Y ou guys have the cutest family.