Sunday, June 22, 2008

Little Things That Make Us Smile


Kelton has been going through this phase whenever we put him to bed he has to tell us "promise you'll wake me up" the funny thing about his statement is he is always the one waking us up. Kelton is also a bit of a perfectionist so when it comes to making his bed there can't be a wrinkle in the sheets or the blanket. He is by far the best bed maker. You can also tell that Kelton is becoming a man because he thinks he is always right and knows how to do it all.


Addison gets so excited to see us throughout the day that everytime we pick her up she gives us a big hug and pats us on the back. She thinks it is pretty fun to be growing up and learning new things she has had fun walking around with the help of her walking toy, climbing the stairs and then yelling from the top for someone to help her down, and feeding herself (I haven't figured out if she enjoys the food as much as she does making a mess of it.) Tonight on our walk she heard Ayden saying hi to the neighbors, so she started waving as said hi as well. ( I think that was her first time saying hi or at least the first time she spoke it so clearly)


Saige is my sweet little girl who is always trying to do what is right. The other night while she was sick she woke up and was struggling with going back to sleep. While she was laying in bed she got thinking and started to feel guilty for not admitting to pushing Ayden out of the car, something that happened awhile ago. She came into my room crying while she apologized. I told her it was ok and that I loved her. A little while later she came in again and said, "Mom I've probally lied about more things will you forgive me?" As tired as I was I was grateful to see my daughter be so humble and ask for my forgiveness and tell me she was going to try harder to always tell the truth. I was so proud of her.


Ayden is my mischeivious little boy and loves to do things to get attention. The other day we were at my parents and Addison was playing in the tupperware drawer and Ayden started to step on them. My mom and I explained that he couldn't step on them with his dirty feet or we would have to wash them all again. Just after telling him I turn around to see him doing it again. I said "Ayden David your" he finish the statement with a smile on his face "TROUBLE?" The rest of the day he had fun saying, "I'm trouble!" with a smile on his face every time.

1 comment:

Brett, Jenny, and Taylor... said...

So some how I totally found your Blog! ( I think from Arah's) Your family is so adorable! It's been fun getting to know you better! Hope you don't mind if I add you to mine!