We had a combined Relief Society and Priesthood lesson with it being the 5th Sunday of the month. The topic the bishopric chose to focus on was finding joy in the gospel. As I was listening, and later pondering the things they spoke on I felt gratitude for the many trials I have faced in my life. It has been through those trials, when I have felt sadness and hurt that have helped me to appreciate the good and joyful times in my life. It has been through my trials that I have been stretched and forced to grow, blessing me with the opportunity to experience pure joy by calling upon my Savior and allowing him to bless me. I know from experience the joy I have felt in my life has been from living the gospel and relying wholly upon my Savior through the good times and the bad. I know he knows me individually and loves me and that he wants me to find joy in life even in the small and simple things. Like hearing my child say mommy for the first time, watching them take their first steps, having them run up to me and give me a hug and kiss and tell me they love me. I am overcome with joy when I see them pray and receive answers to their prayers, reading their scripture and reminding me of family scripture study and prayer, listening to them recite the 13 articles of faith by memory and giving a talk in primary. I enjoy going for walks and taking in the beauty of the outdoors, watching the sunset or seeing the plants my husband and I planted together thriving. I feel joy when my husband tells me he's the luckiest man alive and the knowledge of knowing we are an eternal family. I find joy in having a body that moves and functions properly allowing me to get on the ground and play with my children, they bring me so much joy! It has been from experiencing the bad that I am able to appreciate the good. How could I experience the joy that comes from a child throwing a tantrum if I had never experienced the feeling of almost losing a child? Would I appreciate my husband and our relationship if it wasn’t something we didn’t have to work for and constantly work at? Would I experience the joys of health if I didn’t know of sickness? I have been so blessed and I think part of finding joy comes from showing gratitude and giving thanks. I was raised in an amazing family where I was loved and taught gospel principles. My parents created an environment where the spirit could be felt and were great examples to me of what a home should be like. I married the man of my dreams and we have been blessed with 4 beautiful children, how can I not have joy?
2 comments:
you are so cute! that made me feel good and appreciate the things in my life, too. :) what a sweet mom and wife you are!
hi to our long lost friends I was thrilled to find your blog. Your family is beautiful! We think about you guys and your cute little Aaden and hope that he is doing well.
Post a Comment