This morning I asked Jill what she wanted me to make her for breakfast. She was not hungry at the time, so I told her whenever she was - she could just name it and I would make it for her; even if this meant her traditional instant oatmeal and wheat toast. Well, about 2 minutes later, I got a call to go play football. I admit that my "MAN-nerisms" took over, and I was out the door. Needless to say, I had not kept my word to make my wife breakfast.
However, after returning home - instead of sternly reminding me of my failed commitment or giving me the silent treatment - my wife chose to laugh about it and simply give me a hard time. I was able to witness first hand - again - how quick to forgive my wife is. She demonstrates the pure love of Christ more than any person I have ever known. I have been on the receiving end of her forgiveness many times, as - well, let's face it - I am a man who makes unwise manly decisions more than I should. However, it is through my wife’s almost immediate forgiveness that I am reminded how much my wife deserves more from me each and every day.
I truly have been blessed to be the husband of the most wonderful and beautiful woman that has ever lived - or will ever live - in this world, and not because she forgives me for my faults, but because her actions make me want to be a better husband, a better father, and a better man.
However, after returning home - instead of sternly reminding me of my failed commitment or giving me the silent treatment - my wife chose to laugh about it and simply give me a hard time. I was able to witness first hand - again - how quick to forgive my wife is. She demonstrates the pure love of Christ more than any person I have ever known. I have been on the receiving end of her forgiveness many times, as - well, let's face it - I am a man who makes unwise manly decisions more than I should. However, it is through my wife’s almost immediate forgiveness that I am reminded how much my wife deserves more from me each and every day.
I truly have been blessed to be the husband of the most wonderful and beautiful woman that has ever lived - or will ever live - in this world, and not because she forgives me for my faults, but because her actions make me want to be a better husband, a better father, and a better man.

1 comment:
I am thinking that breakfast at your house next week is going to be a gourmet meal!!.....if that is the case, could we come over? LOL!
Post a Comment